Sunday, March 6, 2011

Asparagus Salad

I'm still eating raw foods for the majority of my diet. I feel so much better than when I eat cooked foods. Even if they're both a vegetable, the raw version has more nutritional value. My body knows the difference. With greatly increased raw food in my diet, I find that I need less sleep. I am ready to get up and get moving in the mornings. I am more alert during the day. Flexibility comes easier. A new recipe for Raw Asparagus Salad that we really like is... 1 bag Costco Asparagus (2.5lb) fresh lemon juice 3T sea salt 1T Apple Cider Vinegar 1T Medium Zucchini 1-2 chopped 3T Olive Oil makes about 4-5 pints of salad . Wash Asparagus, then cut 3-4 inches of the tender ends into 1/2 inch pieces, place in large mixing bowl. Cut the remainder into 2 inch segments and chop in your food processor. Add to the chopped Asparagus. You may add some Parsley or Cilantro here depending on your taste buds...keep the pepper out of mine. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve as is or on a bed of baby greens. Option, add finely chopped red peppers for a splash of color. Put leftovers into 8oz or 16oz glass canning jars & store in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. (Toss the plastic food containers to avoid the transfer of xenoestrogens etc. into your food.) My official food taster, Tom, likes this recipe. "Very Tasty!" He asked to have it for lunch tomorrow. Since January 1st, Tom is down 10 pounds. Cool! Change #2 Increase Raw food to 70% of diet. Switch to early morning Hot Yoga. Studio Yoga 4-5x week. Home Yoga 2-3x week.

No comments: