Friday, April 1, 2011

Progress

Last weekend, Tom and I attended the Hyperthrive Super Longevity Tour in Seattle. This was our 9th anniversary date. :) Wow! It's hard to believe it's been that long. We listened to David Wolfe speak on nutrition. It was like getting a drink of water with a fire hose. We heard Robyn Openshaw (Green Smoothie Girl) tell her story, a mother of 4 determined to keep her kids strong & healthy, in spite of the mountain of official misinformation there is to sort through. Very compelling. She has a blog site & speaks especially to young mothers who want their families to eat healthier food, but don't know how to make it happen. She refers to them as the most powerful people on the planet. She's right. We also learned about a SunWarrior Product for highly assimilable vegetable protein that I am currently testing my body's response to. Lunch on Saturday was wonderful, and for the first time in years, I didn't have a mild to significant negative dietary response. The restaurant name..."Thrive" serving 100% raw plant food cuisine. It was delicious! I learned about several new things that can be added to my food storage that are raw, digestible and delicious. The chia bowl is a bowl of chia seeds soaked in water, they gel up rather quickly. In the gelatin-like chia bowl were strawberries, bananas and dates. Served with small glass of almond milk on the side. Chia seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids. The main course was angel hair zucchini with raw marinara sauce on top. S-o-o-o-o good! Tom had a bowl of raw chili, with a raw chocolate shake. Today is my 7th day eating 100% raw plant food. It feels really good. I don't know where this will lead, but for now, it feels right. Yoga sessions this week have been great. I was able to touch my head to my knees for the first time in Rabbit Pose, twice! ...and I'm wearing size 10 jeans. They've been waiting in the closet since November, calling my name. Rings are loose to the point of falling off my fingers. The doctor who monitors these changes for me measured a 10 pound loss of fat since December, with only 8.5 net weight loss. I gained muscle. Cool.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That wonderful! Good for you Sandi!!!